My Blog List

Saturday, September 3, 2011

The 5 Funniest Movies You've Never Heard Of

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it. Oliver Goldsmith


That champion would be me.  I love cheesy, crazy movies that may push the boundaries of absurdity and taste.  These movies may seem a little "off" to some.  But hey, I have been accused being a little "off" myself from time to time.  So if you like these kind of movies, you should watch these trailers. You just may stumble upon your new favorite movie. 


1.  Baseketball-1998

PLOT:  
Two childhood friends are pro athletes of a national sport called BASEketball, a hybrid of baseball and basketball, and must deal with a greedy businessman scheming against their team.

QUOTE:  
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: He's flat-lining!
Joseph R. Cooper: Quick, where are those little heart paddles? The ones George Clooney uses!
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: No! Not those!
Joseph R. Cooper: Clear!
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: Clear!
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: [takes Joey's pulse]
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: No pulse!
Joseph R. Cooper: Turn up the power! 10,000 volts!
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: 10,000 volts!
Joseph R. Cooper: Clear!
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: Clear!
[Speak fails to clear, gets electrocuted]
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: Dude, it's not working!
Joseph R. Cooper: Turn it up! 15,000 volts!
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: 15,000 volts!
Kenny "Squeak" Scolari: [ears smoking] No...
[Sqeak is thrown back from the shock]
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: Dude, do you even know what you're doing?
Joseph R. Cooper: What does it look like?
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: An execution?
Joseph R. Cooper: Damn it man I'm trying to save an innocent life!
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: I'm giving you all I've got captain!
Joseph R. Cooper: I love ya always have. Heh.
Douglas "Swish" Reemer: Heh.
Joseph R. Cooper: CLEAR!

TRAILER:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8WdDmAFcJw1.

2.  Grandma's Boy-2006

PLOT:  
A 35 year old video game tester has to move in with his grandma and her two old lady roommates.

QUOTE:  
Jeff: Grace... I have something to confess.
Grace: What's that?
Jeff: [pauses] You were my first.
Grace: Really? Oh, that's sweet. You were my...
 [thinks hard]
Grace: 3,000-something.
Jeff: [Raises hand to give a high five] Word up.

TRAILER:
  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsEuOw3ihbs

3.  The Comebacks-2007

PLOT:
A comedy that spoofs the inspirational sports movies, The Comebacks tells the story of an out-of-luck coach, Lambeau Fields, who takes a rag-tag bunch of college misfits and drives them towards the football championships. In the process, this life-long loser discovers that he is a winner after all by redeeming himself.

QUOTE:
Michelle Fields: I want to have what you and mom have. 
Lambeau "Coach" Fields: Herpes?

TRAILER: 

4.  Hot Rod-2007

PLOT:  
Self-proclaimed stuntman Rod Kimble is preparing for the jump of his life - to clear fifteen buses to raise money for his abusive stepfather Frank's life-saving heart operation.

QUOTE:  
Dave: Hey, Rod, thanks for the ride. 
[Rod sees a chunk of metal lodged in Dave's eye and they both scream]
Dave: Hey, buddy. How's it going?
Rod Kimble: Dave, what happened to your eye?
Dave: This? Is it really noticeable?
Rod Kimble: Yeah!
Dave: Is it really noticeable?
Rod Kimble: Yeah!
Dave: Oh, man, it's totally serendipitous. Well, I got off work early, and you know my buddy Derrick?       Well he was like, "I've got this acid, but I can't do it." And I was all like, "Well, I'll do it." So I did it. And by the time I got on my banana board, man, I was... I was tripping balls pretty hard, man. So I decided to get on my bench grinder, and a piece of metal flew up and hit me right in the eye. It was pretty awesome. And that brings us to now.
Rod Kimble: Yeah, well, just try and relax.
Dave: Can do, man. Can do. I'm gonna be honest with you, Rod. You look like a giant eagle with fire all  around you, and you've got a mountain for a face.
Rod Kimble: I'm guessing that's the drugs, Dave.
Dave: Yeah, but it's also just kind of weird seeing you drive this minivan.
Rod Kimble: Yeah, well, it's my mom's.
Dave: Balls, man! We just ran over a small bus. This really small bus, we just ran over it.
Rod Kimble: I didn't see anything.
Dave: Hey, we're here. Seriously, man, this is one of the top-ten nicest things anybody has ever done for me.

TRAILER: 

5.  Sex Drive-2008

PLOT:  
A high school senior drives cross-country with his best friends to hook up with a babe he met online.  Seth Green plays the best sarcastic Amish person EVER!

QUOTE:
Fundraising Girl: Hi. I'm collecting for the underprivileged children of Ecuador. Would you like to help?
Andy: Not really.
Randy: We don't have any money.
Andy: No jobs.
Randy: You wanna party?
Fundraising Girl: Um, I'm kind of working right now.
Andy: When're you done?
Randy: Yeah, what're you doing after?
Fundraising Girl: I have a church thing tonight.
Andy: Kickass! We'll come.
Randy: Yeah, where is it?
Andy: Is there gonna be more hot snatch like you there?
Randy: Do you wear thong underpants?
Andy: Do you want us to take our shirts off?
Randy: What color bra are you wearing?
Andy: Is your mom hot too?
Randy: Are you into me? Where do you live?
Andy: What color car do you have?
Randy: Where do you live?
Andy: What's your address?
Randy: Do you want us to come over?
Andy: Do you like pizza?
Randy: We've been to a motel.

TRAILER:
  

HONORABLE MENTIONS:


1.  Not Another Teen Movie-2001


PLOT:
A sendup of all the teen movies that have accumulated in the past two decades.


QUOTE:
Mr. Briggs: Hey, uhh... I might be late to pick you guys up.
Janey: Why, do you have a job interview today, daddy?
Mr. Briggs: No honey, I'll probably just be waaaay too drunk.
Janey: Oh, that's good, we don't want you drinking and driving.
Mr. Briggs: Oh, I'll be driving. I'll just be too shit-faced to remember to pick you guys up.
Janey: Ok, bye, daddy.
[Kisses him on the cheek]
Mr. Briggs: Bye, Pumpkin.



TRAILER:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdF6AfeBlH0

2.  Idiocracy-2006


PLOT:  
Private Joe Bauers, the definition of "average American", is selected by the Pentagon to be the guinea pig for a top-secret hibernation program. Forgotten, he awakes 500 years in the future. He discovers a society so incredibly dumbed-down that he's easily the most intelligent person alive.

QUOTE:  
Narrator: Joe decided that in order to get out of jail, he would have to use his superior diplomacy skills.
Pvt. Joe Bowers: [talking to the prison guard] Hey, uh... I'm actually supposed to be getting out of   jail, not going back in...
Prison Guard #2: [hits Joe on the back of the head] You're supposed to be in that line, dumbass!
[he points to the door]
Prison Guard #2: Hey, guys, let this dumbass out!

TRAILER:
  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0yQunhOaU0



3.  The 40 Year Old Virgin Who Knocked Up Sarah


 Marshall And Felt Superbad About It-2010


PLOT:
Follows Andy, who needs to hook up with a hottie, pronto, because he hasn't had sex in... well, forever - and his luck isn't the only thing that's hard. His equally horny teenage roommates also need it superbad, and with the help of their nerdy pal, McAnalovin' and his fake I.D., they may tap more than just a keg.


TRAILER:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23i3YLBiHJQ


Let me know your favorite underdog movies and maybe I will find my new favorite movie as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment