My Blog List

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I Love The 80's

If you are near my age, then you probably remember the 80's with great affection.  Who can forget how flamboyant we all were?  Remember the fashions?


And the hair?


Everything just seemed so live and flashy then.  I especially loved the theatrics of the musicians back then.  Who could forget "Eddie", the 12 foot Iron Maiden mascot.


Or how about the gigantic "Rosie" balloon from AC/DC's "Whole Lotta Rosie".


I always wondered what happened to these enormous icons once the concert lights fade and the band is done with them.  Does Bruce Dickinson take Eddie home and throw him in the back yard?  Are the Worksop, England Bobbies (that's police to you yanks) sick of getting calls from neighbors saying, "You have to do something about those damn Dickinson's and that giant eyesore!"


Does Angus Young take Rosie home to his flat in the Netherlands and drop her next to the house?


Perhaps he rents it out for kids to play on at parties.   Just try to get your son off of those giant inflatable boobs.  He should just fill her with helium, tie some ropes to her, and sneak her into the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  AC/DC also had those huge "For Those About To Rock" cannons.


I REALLY could use those to wake up my daughter for school.  Anybody got Angus's number? 


No comments:

Post a Comment