My Blog List

Saturday, September 24, 2011

WTF? Runaway Bride With . . . JOURNEY!?





FRONT ROYAL, Va. (AP) — While her husband says she's missing, White House gate crasher and "Real Housewives of D.C." cast member Michaele Salahi has reportedly been with the band Journey in Tennessee.
Scoop Marketing, which represents the band, has told gossip website TMZ that Salahi is with the band, who had a Wednesday concert in Memphis.
Salahi's husband, Tareq, reported to Virginia authorities that she was missing and said he believed she'd been abducted. But Warren County Sheriff Daniel T. McEathron said a deputy spoke with Michaele Salahi and she assured him she left with a friend.
The sheriff's department would not give any details on Michaele Salahi's location early Thursday.
The Salahis burst onto the scene in 2009 when they crashed a White House state dinner.



Excuse me.  Did you say, Journey?  Sometimes these things write themselves.  I know it's common, or used to be, for girls to run off with the band.  But a married woman running off with an early 80's has-been band with not even the same lead singer.  My sister Annie will probably slug me at that last sentence because they were her favorite band at that time.  This is where I stress "AT THAT TIME!"  Has anyone even heard anything from Journey in 20 years?  Yet enough to be so taken with them that they leave their spouse to run off with them.  My sister loved Steven Perry but he hasn't been with them for so long that I think that window to run off with them passed for her in, oh, say 1986.  And how bad does this guy have to feel about himself?  Couldn't you just hear his end of the phone conversation when the cops found her.


"Huh?  You found her with who?"


"We must have a bad connection.  I thought you said "Journey".  Are you in a tunnel or something?"


"Oh, you did say Journey."


"Yes, I do know they haven't had a hit in 25 years.  Thanks for pointing that out."


"So if I come in to give you guys a statement, do you guys just leave your revolvers lying around or . . . .?"

LESSON LEARNED HERE, CHIEF.


 I just know that I am definitely not going to be so naive now.  If Ratt ever comes back around, I am sticking to my wife like glue.

1 comment:

  1. I would be more worried if it was Poison or Bon Jovi lol then Ratt, if I were you :)

    ReplyDelete