My Blog List

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm Mister Heat Miser, I'm Mister Sun

Well, Christmas will soon be here so I thought the following photo was holiday appropriate to get you all in the spirit.  I always sleep with a pillow over my face (except for my mouth because I have become accustomed to breathing and am quite fond of it), so when I wake up, every hair on my head is usually standing on end.  So, this morning I got up and thought my hair looked like Heat Miser from The Year Without a Santa Claus.


This photo really doesn't do it justice but you have to give it to me that there is a resemblance.


Speaking of resemblances, I always thought that Heat Miser looked more like he should be the brother of Burgermeister Meisterburger from Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town . . . 


instead of Snow Miser who I think looks more like. . . 


 the postal carrier/narrator (Fred Astaire) of Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town.


I do know one thing.  Hermey (thought it was "Herbie"?  Me, too.  Look it up on imdb.com) from Rudolph and Ace Ventura go to the same barber.
On a similar same note, our kids have looked like other people to us before.  When Callahan was little, what little hair he had was white so he looked bald as a cue ball thus resembling Charlie Brown.
On a side note related to Charlie Brown, I put this Christmas tree up in our bedroom every year.  Andi hates it because she thinks it looks like the Charlie Brown Christmas tree.  
I have had it since I was a little kid.  The base broke off decades ago and it is held up with a block of wood, a toothpick, and love (but mostly the toothpick).
Now back to Callahan.  When he got a little older, his hair got curly and we thought he looked more like Matthew McConaughey.  That's probably why the chicks dug him in preschool.
When Mikah was little, her face was a dead ringer for the Pepsi girl.  Their hair was different colors but her features were exact right down to the split in her front teeth.  She got tired of people constantly pointing this out to her.
In Mikah's old age, she now slightly reflects Jennifer Aniston.


On the other hand, Lukah has just always looked like Reese Witherspoon.
Don't you love how we only picked beautiful people for our children to resemble.  Mikah might lose some self confidence had I said she looked more like Jack Elam.
Even Andi used to get likened to a celebrity early on in our marriage.  More than once she was compared to Lisa Kudrow but I think Andi is much prettier (Score Corey 10 brownie points now please).
As for myself, I am annoyed getting constantly stopped at the grocery store being mistaken for. . . . 
It's creepy, isn't it?  Watching ER is just like staring at myself in a mirror for an hour.








No comments:

Post a Comment