My Blog List

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mick, You Sucked a What?

When we were all growing up, didn't we all think that Mannfred Mann was inspired to pen a song about being "wrapped up like a douche" (minute 1:02)?  That took a lot of guts as there were not many songs about feminine hygiene products at that time.


Just something I always wondered. . . 


Is he talking about "Sucking a duck" at minute 2:44?  I didn't want to jump to conclusions because growing up, I always thought Olivia Newton John and John Travolta were singing about "weather balloons" and my brother thought they were singing the "wizard of O's" in Grease (minute 1:02 again.  Wow, creepy).


Listening to it now, however, I think they might be singing something about willy worms.  I guess I am going to have to force myself to actually watch this movie to figure this out.  Nah, why kill a good mystery.

2 comments:

  1. The original song was "revved up like deuce" aka a motorcycle engine. The first remake was changed to "wrapped up like a deuce". Then Manford Mann and his speech impediment remade the song again. That is when the douche part came about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least he wasn't suckin a duck's douche in a weather balloon.

    ReplyDelete